Are you planning to live longer, to become an elder? Do you know why people live longer? How can you plan to be a healthy, happy elder – like Ruth, who became our 101-year-old Australian athlete who had no competition in her sports events? Does that goal mean starting now?
At 101, Ruth was a member of the world’s only club for centenarians, ‘The 100+ Club’. She competed and set world records in discus and javelin throwing (sports from the ancient Greek Olympics). Ruth didn’t have competition in her age bracket! So she had to compete against her own performances.
104-year-old Rosario was a carer
Or take 104-year-old Rosario, the Florida woman who was the round-the-clock carer for her 87-year-old daughter, who had Alzheimers . According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, Rosario needed a walker, but had perfect vision after her cataract surgery, didn’t need a hearing aid, and enjoyed going to the movies, the mall, the beach.
Dr. Mercola says, ‘Apart from vitamins, Rosario reportedly took only one pill a day, a mild blood-pressure medication. This is in stark contrast to the (average) American senior, who is on more than 31 medications per person, according to recent statistics.’
What was Rosario’s recipe? People live longer when –?
Rosario attributed her longevity to two factors: good diet, and staying away from pills and doctors. Medico Dr. Mercola, a renowned natural health advocate who conducts the #1 natural health website, agrees with her!
One of Dr. Mercola’s 7 online tips for staying well naturally involves stress reduction and a positive attitude: ‘You cannot be optimally healthy if you avoid addressing the emotional component of your health and longevity, as your emotional state plays a role in nearly every physical disease, from heart disease and depression to arthritis and cancer.’
The stresses that age us
Dr. Mercola’s recommendations to reduce the stresses that age us include utilising EFT tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique), a powerful self-help acupressure-and-mindfulness technique for melting away tensions of many kinds.
The wear and tear of living leaves all of us with emotional wounds that drain our energy, even when we think we’ve got over them.
Instead of putting up with this outcome, we can now clear such toxicity out of our systems with a simple method that is often fast-acting, to help us feel better in mind and body, because our emotions are an integral part of our physical health.
You can learn how to help yourself to quickly tap away unwanted emotional pain, some physical aches and pains, some beliefs you’ve taken on that hold you back — and/or you can go to an EFT practitioner for help.
Scientific study on tapping lowering cortisol
A pioneering scientific study published in the U.S. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease (Oct. 2012) found that one hour of EFT tapping lowered the stress ‘master’ hormone cortisol, significantly more than other interventions tested.
High cortisol levels are associated with signs of rapid ageing, like skin wrinkles and the loss of bone density.
In a randomized control trial, 83 people were assigned to a 1-hour session of EFT, talk therapy, or rest. Afterwards, cortisol had declined a whopping 24% via EFT, while the other two groups rated 14% only. As well, the EFT had also lowered anxiety, depression and other psychological problems.
- A new study reported in the peer-reviewed British Medical Journal found that even low-level anxiety can shorten your life. If you can find a way to lower your anxiety and depression levels, starting now, you are likely to live longer, perhaps 20% longer – and this is where Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT tapping) comes in.
- Research published in another peer-reviewed journal, Integrative Medicine, shows that attending an EFT workshop has lowered psychological distress by an average of 45%.
- Another study shows that just one hour of EFT tapping with an experienced EFT practitioner lowers the level of an individual’s major stress hormone, cortisol, by 24% (traditional therapies tended to rate around 14%).
- Harvard Medical School research has found that tapping on the body’s meridian energy points (acupressure, which EFT uses) calms the amygdala part of the brain, a centre of hyperarousal in the fight-flight-freeze response to danger. Because humans can trigger this arousal just by thinking, or worrying, many people live permanently in this heightened stress state. No wonder the body breaks down – which can work against any ambition to live longer.
- Even low anxiety levels heighten the risk of death
- EFT advocate Dawson Church Ph.D. refers on the major EFT website, www.eftuniverse.com, to the study which found that even very low levels of anxiety and depression can heighten the risk of death.
He writes, ‘Investigators have found that, over a 10-year period people with slight distress, enough to prevent them from sleeping sometimes, or concentrating on tasks, had about a 20% greater chance of death.
‘The correlation held true even after the researchers adjusted for other risk factors, such as exercise, overweight, drinking to excess, and smoking.
‘They also excluded people who died in the first five years after data were collected, in order to answer the “chicken and egg” question: “Do we become depressed and anxious because we’re sick, or does psychological distress contribute to premature death?” ‘
One study examined the medical records of 68,000 people, Dr. Church reports: ‘Primary causes of death were heart disease, stroke and cancer.
‘The message is that emotional stress is a most significant factor in these illnesses.’
If you choose to learn a little EFT so that you can tap away stress both as it arises and as it has accumulatd sneakily throughout your life, you could be insuring your future.
Talk to your doctor
Science author Dr. Dawson Church, author of ‘The Genie in Your Genes’ and EFT advocate, says, ‘This study is a great way to talk to your doctor or psychologist about EFT.
‘The study is pioneering because it uses the ‘hard science’ of molecular biology to measure the ‘soft science’ of emotional healing.’
Further research has revealed that EFT tapping beneficially affects the expression of more than 1,000 genes involved in the stress response.
While tapping doesn’t guarantee you will become a centenarian athlete or carer, you could most likely keep helping yourself to love feeling better and better….
‘How can I learn EFT tapping?”
FREE GIFT . You can start by signing up for the free gift accompanying Annie’s free monthly EFT newsletter opt-in below: ‘Start Learning EFT Tapping Right Away!’ (mini-ebook)
- purchase Annie’s book ‘Tapping Your Troubles Away with EFT’ on Amazon
- treat yourself to a private EFT/Matrix-Reimprinting-with-EFT session with Annie, online anywhere or in person in Adelaide, South Australia
- sign up for some serious life improvement with a Freedom Breakthrough Package
- attend a weekend EFT Certificate training course with Annie in Adelaide, South Australia.